Christmas Morning French Toast
How to Make Christmas Morning French Toast
- 1slice bread into 1 inch slices
- 2lay bread on rack in oven with the temperature off, overnight. This will allow the bread to become slightly stale, and better able to hold up to the custard.
- 3mix eggs and half and half until smooth.
- 4pour 1/3 of the egg mixture into a large baking dish. lay slices of bread in baking dish and cover with remaining eggs mixture.
- 5leave bread in egg mixture for about 7 minutes, then turn over and leave for another 5 minutes until eggs are absorbed by bread.
- 6fry 2 slices at a time in butter until browned and place into lightly greased baking dish.
- 7after all slices are fried and laid in baking dish, you can slide this into the oven at 325 for about half an hour. Serve with maple syrup