Christmas Morning French Toast
How to Make Christmas Morning French Toast
- slice bread into 1 inch slices
- lay bread on rack in oven with the temperature off, overnight. This will allow the bread to become slightly stale, and better able to hold up to the custard.
- mix eggs and half and half until smooth.
- pour 1/3 of the egg mixture into a large baking dish. lay slices of bread in baking dish and cover with remaining eggs mixture.
- leave bread in egg mixture for about 7 minutes, then turn over and leave for another 5 minutes until eggs are absorbed by bread.
- fry 2 slices at a time in butter until browned and place into lightly greased baking dish.
- after all slices are fried and laid in baking dish, you can slide this into the oven at 325 for about half an hour. Serve with maple syrup