Christmas Breakfast Brie Pastry
Blue Ribbon Recipe
When warm and ooey gooey, baked Brie is so good. Adding fresh raspberry and cranraisins inside the flaky puff pastry is really tasty. The pecans add a bit of a crunch. It's an easy and impressive appetizer for your next holiday party! The Test Kitchen
1 pkgfrozen puff pastry
1/2 cpecans, halved
1/2 ptfresh raspberries
1 pkgcranraisins (snack size)
1 pkgBrie (8 oz.)
1/4 cbrown sugar, lightly packed
How to Make Christmas Breakfast Brie Pastry
- Defrost puff pastry and unfold according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Sauté the pecans in the butter until golden brown, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and stir until pecans are coated well. (Don’t burn your nuts on Christmas like I did the first time!!!)
- Place Brie on puff pastry. Place nuts on Brie. Add half of the fresh raspberries, a hand full of cranberry raisins and sprinkle the brown sugar over the mixture.
- Pick up the corners of the pastry, pressing around the brie and gathering at the top. Gently squeeze together the excess dough and crimp end with kitchen scissors.
- Brush the beaten egg over pastry.
- Place Brie on parchment paper on cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve while still warm with remainder of fresh raspberries and cranberry raisins as a garnish.