2 1/2 call-purpose flour
1/3 cunsweetened cocoa powder
3 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspbaking soda
1/2 ccold butter
1 1/4 cplain yogurt or buttermilk
1/4 cchopped almonds or walnuts
How to Make Chocolate Scones
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Quickly chop the cold butter into small pieces and rub into the dry mixture by hand or pastry blender.
- Make a well in the mixture and pour in the yogurt. Quickly mix with a fork until a ball forms. Don't over mix. At this point turn out the mixture on to a floured board and knead 4 or 5 times. Press into a ball and slice it crosswise into 4 pieces. Pat each into a 1 inch thick circle.
- Now cut each circle crosswise like a pie into 4 wedges. In all you should have 16 wedges (scones).
- Place the scones onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake them in a preheated 400 degree oven for 12 - 15 minutes.