Chia Tea Mix
I changed up this recipe with Stevia instead of sugar. It tastes great with much less calories and sugar. Use the conversion chart on the Stevia package to replace the sugar.
1 cdry milk powder
1 cnon-dairy creamer powder
1 cfrench vanilla non-dairy creamer powder
1 1/2 cunsweetened instant tea
2/ 1/2 cwhite sugar
2 tspground ginger
2 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground cloves
1 tspground cardamon
How to Make Chia Tea Mix
- In a large bowl, combine milk powder, non-dairy creamer, vanilla flavored creamer, sugar and instant tea.
- Stir in ginger, cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.
- In a blender or food processor, blend 1 cup at a time, until mixture is the consistency of fine powder.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To serve: Stir 2 heaping tablespoons Chai tea mixture into a mug of hot water.
- You can spice it up even further by adding 1 teaspoon nutmeg and allspice, and 1/4 teaspoon white pepper. I sometimes double some of my favorite spices to give it even more flavor.
- You may choose to omit the French vanilla creamer, and use 2 teaspoons vanilla extract instead. To do so, mix the vanilla into the sugar, let it dry, then break the sugar into small lumps. Follow the same procedure as above.