Chef Meg's Creamy Diabetic Grilled Strawberry Sandwich
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 4.9 g
Cholesterol: 12.6 mg
Sodium: 218.8 mg
Total Carbs: 21.3 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.4 g
Protein: 5.5 g
- 6 Tbsp
- cream cheese, low-fat, softened
- 2 c
- strawberries, fresh, sliced
- whole wheat pitas
- 4 sprig(s)
- fresh mint
How to Make Chef Meg's Creamy Diabetic Grilled Strawberry Sandwich
- 1Cut pita bread in half.
- 2Gently open pocket
- 3Combine cream cheese with 1/2 cup of the strawberries, mashing the berries as you mix.
- 4Spread a quarter of mixture inside each half of the pitas.
- 5Fill each half pita with remaining strawberries
- 6Heat a cast iron pan or skillet to warm.
- 7Spray sandwich with nonstick spray and grill both sides until golden
- 8Garnish with mint. Enjoy warm.