- 6 slice
- bacon divided (2 & 4)
- jalapeno pepper,minced
- 1 large
- shallot or small onion ,finely chopped
- 4 c
- chicken broth
- 1 c
- uncooked grits
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- 1 c
- (4oz) shredded chedder cheese
- 1/2 c
- half & half
- 2 Tbsp
- finely chopped green onion
How to Make Cheese Grits with Chilies and Bacon
- 1Cook bacon in medium skillet until crisp.
Drain on paper towel.
Crumble 2 slices into slow cooker.
Refrigerate remaining bacon.
- 2Drain all but 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet.
Add jalapeno pepper and shallot.
Cook and stir over medium heat 1 minute or until shallot is lightly browned.
Transfer to slow cooker.
Stir in broth,grits,black pepper and salt into slow cooker.
- 3Cover;cook on LOW 4 hours
Stir in cheese and half & half.
Sprinkle with green onions.
Crumble reserved bacon over grits.