Carols Opened Face Egg Sandwich
- 5 slice
- bacon, halved crosswise
- (4 inch) focaccia bread, halved horlizontially
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil, divided
- 4 large
- thin tomato slices
- 1 small
- shallots, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 1 c
- (packed) arugula
- 2 large
- parmesan cheese, shavings
How to Make Carols Opened Face Egg Sandwich
- 1Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium high heat until brown and crisp, transfer to a paper towel to drain.
- 2Wipe out skillet. Brush cut sides of bread with 1 tablespoon oil. Place bread, cut sides down in skillet.
- 3Cook over medium heat until golden about 3 minutes.
- 4Place 1 bread square, golden side up on each of 2 plates.
- 5Top each with half of bacon then 2 tomato slices.
- 6Whisk 1 tablespoon oil, shallot and vinegar in medium bowl to blend.
- 7Season dressing with salt and pepper. Add arugula and toss to coat.
- 8Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same skillet over medium heat.
- 9Crack eggs in skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 10Cook until whites are set and yolks are cooked as desired.
- 11Top each bread stack with egg then arugula and cheese.