Carols Breakfast Frittata
- vegetable cooking spray
- yellow or white onion, sliced
- 1 lb
- kale, trimmed, blanched 3 minutes in boiling water, drained, squeezed and coarsely chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, chopped
- 2 c
- boiled diced potatoes
- whole eggs
- egg whites
- 1/2 tsp
- paprika, (preferably smoked)
How to Make Carols Breakfast Frittata
- 1Heat oven to 400.
- 2In a medium skillet coated with cooking spray, cook yellow onion over medium heat, stirring, 5 minutes.
- 3Add kale and garlic, stir 5 minutes. Add potatoes.
- 4Whisk eggs, egg whites, 2 tablespoons water and paprika in a bowl. Stir in kale-potato mixture.
- 5In a cast iron skillet coated with cooking spray, cook egg mixture over medium-low heat 1 minute.
- 6Transfer skillet to oven, bake until eggs are set and center is slightly runny, 6-8 minutes. Broil until top is golden brown about 1 minute.
- 7Serve with a baked tomato and a salad per person. Halve tomato. Top each half with 2 tablespoons grated parmesan, 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon each chopped garlic, thyme, basil and parsley, season with pepper.
- 8Broil 3-5 minutes. Combine 1 cup mixed lettuces, 1 slice red onion and 1/2 teaspoon each vinegar and olive oil.