Caramel French Toast
How to Make Caramel French Toast
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until smooth and thickened, stir constantly.
- Coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Pour butter mixture into the dish. Fit bread slices tightly into the dish, trimming if necessary.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla and salt whisking together well. Pour egg mixture over bread.
- Cover and refrigerate for eight hours.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slice into sections and serve upside down. Garnish with whipped cream or whipped butter.