How to Make Caramel French Toast
- Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Pour syrup mixture into a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Place 6 slices of bread on top of syrup mixture.
- Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and salt, stirring until blended.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices.
- Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned.