How to Make Caramel French Toast
- 1Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in a small saucepan; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly.
- 2Pour syrup mixture into a 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- 3Place 6 slices of bread on top of syrup mixture.
- 4Top with remaining 6 slices of bread.
- 5Combine eggs, milk, vanilla and salt, stirring until blended.
- 6Pour egg mixture evenly over bread slices.
- 7Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 8Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until lightly browned.