Cantaloupe with Cardamom-Scented Yogurt
- 1/3 c
- granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice (zest the lemon first and save for garnishing)
- 1 tsp
- rose water
- 4 c
- cantaloupe balls
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cardamom
- 1 c
- plain greek yogurt (or 1 cup regular plain yogurt, strained and drained)
- mint leaves, for garnish (fresh lemon verbena will work)
- lemon zest
How to Make Cantaloupe with Cardamom-Scented Yogurt
- 1In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and ⅓ cup water to a simmer, stirring until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and rose water, and *cool completely*.
- 2Transfer the simple syrup to a large bowl and toss with melon balls; chill for 1–4 hours.
- 3To serve, stir ground cardamom into yogurt and place ¼ cup yogurt on each individual serving plate. Add 1 cup melon balls along with some syrup; garnish with mint and lemon zest. A scattering of almonds or pistachios is another option.
- 4Note: Prep time indicated does not include chilling time.