"Calas" for Breakfast
You can compliment with fruit,steamed vegetables..I like asparagus or add meats such as bacon,ham,wonderful sausages,Cajun pulled pork...simple,versatile & oh so good :)D.
2 ccooked rice
3 Tbspsugar (heaping)
2 tspbaking powder
dash(es)freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tspvanilla extract
·vegetable oil for frying
·confectioners' sugar for dusting
How to Make "Calas" for Breakfast
- Cook your rice as directed. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl place the cooled rice. Add your flour,sugar,baking powder,salt and nutmeg. Stir lightly until combined well.
- Then add your vanilla and eggs. Again, stir together lightly until well combined.
- In a larger skillet bring 2 inches (approx.) of vegetable oil to 360 degrees.
- Using the (2) spoon method and about 1-2 Tablespoons of your rice mixture form into little egg shapes and carefully drop into the hot oil. Fry until a golden brown then place onto paper towels to drain and cool for about 5 minutes.
- Place onto a serving dish, sprinkle lightly with confectioners sugar. Perfect for breakfast, brunch or anytime you want to serve something special for your family and friends.