- 1 lb
- jimmy dean maple sausage, browned
- 1/2 lb
- hash brown potatoes, shredded
- 1 pkg
- cheese, shredded (your choice flavor)
- 1/2 c
- milk, 2%
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- baking powder
How to Make Breakfast-on-the-Go Muffins
- 1Grill or oven should be preheated to 350 degrees. If using a grill, it should be indirect heat.
- 2Lightly spray (2) JUMBO muffin pans with Pam or lightly grease with oil
- 3Whisk egg mixture: 12 eggs, 1/2 cup milk, salt/pepper and dash of Baking Powder.
- 4Spoon 1 tablespoon of thawed hash browns in each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of browned sausage on top of hash browns in each muffin cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of sausage in each muffin cup to create a layer (I used 4 cheese Mexican blend, but you can use any shredded cheese you like).
- 5Fill each muffin cup with egg mixture. Take a fork and mix each cup individually. If you have extra sausage, you can put more of the sausage on top (do not mix). Put 1 more tablespoon of shredded cheese on top of each muffin cup mixture (do not mix).
- 6Bake or grill at 350 for 30 - 45 minutes until fluffy and lightly browned on top and sides.
This recipe is very versatile. Next week, we are going to substitute the sausage for crumbled bacon. You can also add onions, mushrooms, bell peppers or green chilies. If you add more layers to it I would recommend using a teaspoon of each rather than a tablespoon so that you don't overfill the muffin pan.