Breakfast Egg Muffins
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Such an easy egg breakfast! They're impressive enough to serve at a brunch but easy enough to have on hand for a quick and easy breakfast. Kiddos will be excited to snack on these as they head to the bus. I tried them with Italian sausage, but can't wait to try other fillings. A great on-the-go breakfast! The Test Kitchen
1/2 lbground Italian pork or or turkey sausage
4 ozchopped frozen broccoli florets
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
12parchment paper muffin wrappers or 12 silicone muffin cups
How to Make Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook until no longer pink.
- In microwave safe bowl, microwave broccoli until thawed about approximately 4 minutes and drain.
- Place muffin cups in muffin tin. In large bowl combine sausage, broccoli and cheese. Spoon mixture into cups about 2/3 of the way, leaving room to add egg mixture.
- In another bowl, preferably with a pour spout, beat together the 12 eggs; add salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture into each muffin cup being careful to leave a little room (about 1/4 inch at the top). Bake 25 minutes or until eggs have risen and are firm.
- Variations: Instead of sausage use chopped bacon, Canadian bacon, ham, chorizo. Try other veggies like diced red or green peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, etc.