Biscuits and Gravy for One
★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 1/3 c
- bisquick complete buttermilk biscuit mix
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- pioneer brand peppered gravy mix
- 1/3 c
How to Make Biscuits and Gravy for One
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees (I do not wait for the oven to be fully heated. I just turn it on while I make the biscuits and put the pan in the oven while it continues to heat.)
- 2Pour 1/3 cup of biscuit mix into a small bowl. Add a scant 2 tablespoon of water and mix with a fork just until combined. It is very important to use a fork for this step and not over mix the batter. Once it holds itself together and you see no dry spots, it's ready to go on the cookie sheet. (I have a small Pampered Chef baking stone I use for this) Place the biscuit on a cookie sheet and shape it a little with the fork.
- 3Bake the biscuit for 11-13 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- 4For the gravy: Place 1 tablespoon of gravy mix and 1/3 cup water in a small microwave safe bowl. Whisk until smooth. Cover with some wax paper and microwave for 30 seconds. Whisk the gravy until all the lumps are gone and it starts to become a bit thicker. If it still seems too thin, microwave for another 15 seconds and whisk well. It will thicken upon standing, so I do this when there are a few minutes left on the biscuit timer to let it set up.
- 5When the biscuit is done, put it on the plate with a scrambled egg and pour on the gravy!
NOTE: You can use any brand of gravy mix you like, this is just the one that works for me.