Bed and Breakfast French Toast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 tspbaking powder
can(s)various pie fillings such as cherry, raspberry, apple, peach
1/2loaf of thick slice bread, any variety
How to Make Bed and Breakfast French Toast
- Mix all ingredients except bread and pie filling and set aside.
Heat 1/2" oil in a large skillet.
- Dredge bread pieces in egg/flour mixture.
Fry each side until golden brown and remove from oil, to cooling rack set inside a deep cookie sheet.
- Place cooked toast on a single layer in a 250 degree oven to keep crispy and warm until all pieces have been fried.
- In the meantime, warm pie filling in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Spread toast on serving dish and drizzle with pie filling.
- To serve, spread toast on serving dish and drizzle with pie filling.