2 cupscups buttermilk (see *note below)
1/4 cupvegetable oil
2 cupsall-purpose flour
2 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
How to Make Basic Pancakes
- Heat griddle to medium-high heat (400º F).
(I use a non-stick Teflon frying pan; spayed with Pam).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, stir in buttermilk and oil. Add remaining ingredients; beat (or stir) just until large lumps disappear.
- Lightly grease heated griddle. Pour batter, (about 1/4 cup at a time) onto hot griddle. Bake until bubbles form, and edges start to dry; turn and bake other side.
- Serve pancakes with either pure maple syrup, store-bought pancake syrup, or with your favorite jam or preserves.
- *Note: If you don't have buttermilk, then add either 2 tablespoons of 5% white vinegar, or 2 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice (from concentrate), into a 2 cup measuring bowl (or measuring cup). Fill the measuring bowl or cup up to the 2 cup mark with milk. (I use 2% milk). Let set for 5 minutes before using.