Basic Breakfast Potatoes
How to Make Basic Breakfast Potatoes
- 1Put the potatoes on baking sheet and bake in 375 oven for 45 minutes or til fork tender. Put hot potatoes on cutting board and dice them into 1 inch pieces
- 2Heat skillet over medium low to medium heat. Put a little vegetable oil in the pan, maybe a tablespoon or so
- 3Add a tablespoon of bacon fat to skillet, because it tastes so good.
Add the onion. Sauté til it start to turn brown.
- 4Add the cooked diced potatoes. Salt and pepper potatoes, then stir them around, slightly pressing and packing them in the skillet. Cook without stirring for several minutes. You want to make sure the pan is hot enough to crisp the potatoes but not hot enough to char the poor dears.
- 5If you want to make an interesting crust, you can sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of flour over the top of the potatoes while the underside is cooking. Then, when you flip them, they’ll get a little crispy. A nice coating of paprika can give the potatoes a great depth of color.
After several minutes, use a spatula to flip the potatoes over to the other side. Be sure to thoroughly salt and pepper the potatoes, because no matter how you slice it, potatoes must have seasoning. Lots and lots of seasoning.