**Feel free to substitute part of the oats with toasted wheat germ or ground flax seed.
1/3 cmelted butter
2large eggs, beaten
1/2 cbrown sugar
1 1/2 tspbaking powder
1 1/2 tspvanilla extract
1 1/2 tspcinnamon, nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
1 c+ 2 tbsp milk
How to Make Baked Oatmeal
- Grease a 1 1/2 qt baking dish.
- In a blender, beat the melted butter, eggs, brown sugar, honey, baking powder, vanilla, spice, salt & milk.
- Blend well & make sure there are no lumps.
- Pour into a bowl, add oats & combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish & pat down.
- Cover with plastic wrap & chill overnight.
- In the morning, remove plastic wrap. Bake at 350' for 35 minutes or until set in the middle.
- You can bake it longer if you prefer it to be crispy on the edges.
- Serve with milk poured over or maple syrup drizzled over it. Great as is too.