Apricot & Almond Granola
The fruit can be switched out for almost any kinds and if you cant have the almonds substitute with more oats or just take them out completely.
Its great for a snack plain and also you can have it like cereal by adding milk.
- 1/2 c
- dried apricots
- 3 1/2 c
- rolled oats
- 6 Tbsp
- sliced almonds
- 1/4 c
- wheat germ
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon or ground nutmeg
- 1 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
How to Make Apricot & Almond Granola
- 1Preheat oven to 325*
- 2With oiled scissors, snip the apricots into pea-size pieces; set them aside.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, wheat germ, and cinnamon or nutmeg. Mix well.
- 4Pour the oil into a measuring cup and stir in the honey. Drizzle evenly over the oat mixture, turning with a spoon to coat the oats evenly. Don't worry if clumps form; they will be broken up during baking.
- 5Spread the granola evenly in a 9"x9" (or 9"x13") baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it is golden brown. (Every 10 minutes or so during baking, turn the granola with a metal spatula so that it toasts evenly and the clumps are broken apart.)
- 6Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature. Stir in the apricots. Store the granola in a tightly covered container for up to one month.