Applesauce Snack Cake
How to Make Applesauce Snack Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Make aluminum foil sling for 8" square pan. Spray lightly with vegetable oil spray.
- Whisk sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer 2 tablespoons to small bowl to reserve for sprinkling.
- Combine applesauce, melted butter, cider, egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add sugar and whisk until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder to applesauce mixture. Fold together until smooth.
- Place batter in pan. Smooth top. Sprinkle evenly with reserved cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 35-40 minutes.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Use foil to carefully lift out cake. Cool additional 30 minutes before cutting.