Applebutter French Toast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
4 slicepepperidge farm oatmeal bread (farmhouse)
3 Tbspwhipping cream
2 Tbspsoft whipped cream cheese
1/4 tspcinnamon, ground (optional)
How to Make Applebutter French Toast
- Spread soft whipped cream cheese on 2 slices of the oatmeal bread & spread 2 Tbsp applebutter on the other 2 slices of bread. Put the applebutter slice of bread on top of the cream cheese slice of bread (sandwich fashion)
- In a shallow dish crack eggs & whisk until blended then add the whipping cream. Whisk until blended well. Add cinnamon (if desired)
- Place "sandwich" into mixture,press gently for 2-3 seconds, turn over to other side & repeat. Be sure to turn "sandwich" on all sides to moisten all surfaces.
- Heat nonstick frying pan or griddle on med heat & spray with cooking spray.Add sandwich & cook approximately 15-20 seconds. Donot turn sandwich until the side has browned. Turn onto other side & allow to cook same length of time.
- Repeat with 2nd sandwich. when completed,cut each sandwich in half, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired & maple syrup.