Applebutter French Toast
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 4 Tbsp
- 4 slice
- pepperidge farm oatmeal bread (farmhouse)
- 2 large
- 3 Tbsp
- whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp
- soft whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon, ground (optional)
How to Make Applebutter French Toast
- 1Spread soft whipped cream cheese on 2 slices of the oatmeal bread & spread 2 Tbsp applebutter on the other 2 slices of bread. Put the applebutter slice of bread on top of the cream cheese slice of bread (sandwich fashion)
- 2In a shallow dish crack eggs & whisk until blended then add the whipping cream. Whisk until blended well. Add cinnamon (if desired)
- 3Place "sandwich" into mixture,press gently for 2-3 seconds, turn over to other side & repeat. Be sure to turn "sandwich" on all sides to moisten all surfaces.
- 4Heat nonstick frying pan or griddle on med heat & spray with cooking spray.Add sandwich & cook approximately 15-20 seconds. Donot turn sandwich until the side has browned. Turn onto other side & allow to cook same length of time.
- 5Repeat with 2nd sandwich. when completed,cut each sandwich in half, sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired & maple syrup.