Apple French Toast
- 1 c
- 1 cup packed brown sugar ( i use splenda brown sugar blend)
- 1/2 c
- butter or margarine ( i use butter)
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 medium
- apples, mcintosh or rome, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 12-14 slice
- bread, sandwich
- 5 large
- eggs or egg beaters
- 1 1/2 c
- milk, 2%
- 1 Tbsp
How to Make Apple French Toast
- 1Heat brown sugar and butter in saucepan until butter is melted.
- 2Add water, apples and cinnamon to brown sugar and butter mixture. Cook until apples are slightly soft and sauce is foamy.
- 3Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish and let cool.
- 4Cover mixture with sandwich bread slices.
- 5Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla. Then pour egg mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle cinnamon over top of bread and egg mixture.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Also bakes well in a roaster oven.