Apple French Toast
1 c1 cup packed brown sugar ( i use splenda brown sugar blend)
1/2 cbutter or margarine ( i use butter)
2 mediumapples, mcintosh or rome, thinly sliced
1/4 tspcinnamon, ground
12-14 slicebread, sandwich
5 largeeggs or egg beaters
1 1/2 cmilk, 2%
How to Make Apple French Toast
- Heat brown sugar and butter in saucepan until butter is melted.
- Add water, apples and cinnamon to brown sugar and butter mixture. Cook until apples are slightly soft and sauce is foamy.
- Pour mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish and let cool.
- Cover mixture with sandwich bread slices.
- Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla. Then pour egg mixture over bread slices. Sprinkle cinnamon over top of bread and egg mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Also bakes well in a roaster oven.