Panecillos Ingleses de Diablo
- english muffins, split in half
- 1/2 lb
- chipotles in adobo sauce
- 4 clove
- garlic cloves, cut in half
- 4 tsp
- salsa verde
- 2 oz
- cacique quesadilla cheese, thinly sliced
- 3 tsp
- lime juice
- 1 tsp
- fresh cilantro, finely chopped (optional)
How to Make Panecillos Ingleses de Diablo
- 1Heat medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, using a small food chopper, chop up the chipotles and garlic until minced.
- 2Add Chorizo, chipotle mixture and lime juice to the skillet. Cook and break up the chorizo with a spatula while it cooks. Cook for approximately five minutes. Add 1/4 cup water and stir. Cover and lower heat to a simmer.
- 3While Chorizo is simmering, cook eggs to your liking. For this recipe, the eggs were fried over easy.
- 4Toast the English Muffins. Once out of the toaster, add slices of cheese to muffin (cut side up). Add Chorizo mixture over top of the muffin, place egg on top of Chorizo and top with 1 teaspoon of salsa verde and one slice of cheese. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, if desired.