Old Time Breakfast Sausage
I have also, doubled the recipe and used 1/2 pork and 1/2 turkey and added extra spices.
This is easy and worth the effort.
- 3 lb
- ground pork sausage (room temperature)
- 1 c
- onion (very finely minced)
- 1/4 c
- fresh parsley (very finely minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- each: powdered sage, sweet basil
- 1/2 tsp
- cayanne pepper
- 1 tsp
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp
How to Make Old Time Breakfast Sausage
- 1In a large bowl or roast pan, put all ingredients in and mix together well with your hands.
- 2Form into two logs about 3 inches in diameter. Wrap the logs in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 8 - 12 hours.
Remove the logs one at a time from the refrigerator. Slice Patties about a half inch thick. Place on baking sheet and freeze. When they are totally frozen, put them in zipper bags with wax paper between the layers.
- 3When ready to use, thaw the desired amount out. Cook over medium heat in a skillet for 5 minutes then turn over and cook 4 more minutes. Drain on paper towels and serve hot.