Norma's Morning or Evening Waffle-wiches
- 12 slice
- turkey bacon, cooked
- 6 slice
- thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 can(s)
- (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 1 pkg
- (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 c
- plus 1 teaspoon waffle baking mix
- 3/4 c
- egg, beaten
- 3 Tbsp
- prepared yellow mustard
How to Make Norma's Morning or Evening Waffle-wiches
- 1Combine 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 1 teaspoon baking mix in small saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and sauce has slightly thickened to a creamy consistency. Remove from heat and cover.
- 3Whisk together remaining evaporated milk, water and remaining 1/2 cup cheese, egg and mustard in a medium bowl.
- 4Stir remaining 3 cups baking mix into milk mixture until blended. Set aside.
- 5Preheat belgian or regular waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- 6Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter onto waffle maker (this amount is enough for a square or round waffle maker) Cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- 7Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked waffles warm in your oven until ready to assemble.
- 8Remove waffles from oven and spread 2 tablespoons cheese sauce evenly over one side of 6 waffles.
- 9Place 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of ham on chese sauce on each and top with second waffle to make your waffle-wiches.
- 10*Waffles can be made ahead and frozen.