Norma's Morning or Evening Waffle-wiches
12 sliceturkey bacon, cooked
6 slicethinly sliced deli ham
1 can(s)(12 ounce) evaporated milk
1 pkg(8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
3 cplus 1 teaspoon waffle baking mix
3 Tbspprepared yellow mustard
How to Make Norma's Morning or Evening Waffle-wiches
- Combine 3/4 cup evaporated milk, 1 1/2 cups cheese and 1 teaspoon baking mix in small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted and sauce has slightly thickened to a creamy consistency. Remove from heat and cover.
- Whisk together remaining evaporated milk, water and remaining 1/2 cup cheese, egg and mustard in a medium bowl.
- Stir remaining 3 cups baking mix into milk mixture until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat belgian or regular waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Pour about 1 1/4 cups batter onto waffle maker (this amount is enough for a square or round waffle maker) Cook according to manufacturer's directions.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked waffles warm in your oven until ready to assemble.
- Remove waffles from oven and spread 2 tablespoons cheese sauce evenly over one side of 6 waffles.
- Place 2 slices of bacon and 1 slice of ham on chese sauce on each and top with second waffle to make your waffle-wiches.
- *Waffles can be made ahead and frozen.