Maple Sausage Made Easy
★★★★★ 1 vote5
5 lb80% lean boneless pork shoulder
2 Tbspkosher salt
1 Tbspfine ground pepper
1 1/2 Tbspfresh rubbed sage
1 largefinely chopped onion
1/2 creal maple syrup
1/2 cice water
How to Make Maple Sausage Made Easy
- Trim the pork, cut it into 1 inch cubes, and grind it through the fine plate of your meat grinder.
- Mix the spices with the ice water
- Combine the spices and onions and maple syrup with the ground meat and mix very thoroughly for at least 2 minutes
- Stuff into small sheep casings, 3/4 inch collagen casings, or make into patties.
- Like all other fresh sausages, this recipe needs to be cooled as soon as it is done. It can be kept in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.