German Onion-Potato Scramble
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
9 slicelean bacon, diced
2 mediumpotatoes, peeled and finely diced
1 conions, chopped
4eggs, lightly beaten
1/8 tspfreshly ground pepper
2 Tbspfresh parsley, snipped
1/3 ccheddar cheese, shredded, optional
How to Make German Onion-Potato Scramble
- In a 10-inch heavy skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- To the remaining drippings add potatoes and onions. Saute over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and onions are tender. Add more bacon drippings if necessary.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and bacon.
- Pour over potatoes and onions in skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- To serve, turn out onto a large platter and cut into wedges.