German Onion-Potato Scramble
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- 9 slice
- lean bacon, diced
- 2 medium
- potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 c
- onions, chopped
- eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- fresh parsley, snipped
- 1/3 c
- cheddar cheese, shredded, optional
How to Make German Onion-Potato Scramble
- 1In a 10-inch heavy skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crisp. Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel. Pour off all but 3 tablespoons of bacon drippings.
- 2To the remaining drippings add potatoes and onions. Saute over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until potatoes and onions are tender. Add more bacon drippings if necessary.
- 3In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add the parsley and bacon.
- 4Pour over potatoes and onions in skillet. Cover and cook over low heat until eggs are set, for about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- 6To serve, turn out onto a large platter and cut into wedges.