6 sliceham or canadian bacon
1/2 tspwhite vinegar
1/2 cmelted butter
4 Tbsplemon juice
pinchsalt and pepper
3english muffins, toasted, halved
How to Make Eggs Benedict
- Pre-heat oven to 350*. Grease 6 muffin cups.
- Fill the bottom of a double boiler part-way with water. Be sure water does not touch the top of the double boiler. Bring water to a gentle simmer. In the top, whisk the egg yolks and white vinegar until well mixed.
- Slowly pour the melted butter into the yolk mixture, a little at a time while whisking. (If you pour too quickly without whisking it may not thicken properly.). Continue whisking until all the butter is incorporated. Remove from heat, whisk in the lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of the meat into the muffin tin. Crack an egg over each slice of meat. Cover with aluminum foil, bake at 350* for 8 to 10 minutes. Check on the eggs to get them cooked as runny as you like.
- Place a toasted muffin half on a plate. Lift the meat /egg out of the muffin tin and place on muffin. Spoon Hollandaise sause over the egg.