Deli Breakfast Loaf
Try it with low fat cheese and egg beaters to save some calories.
Feel free to change the ingredients to suit your tastes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
6eggs, beaten (or egg beaters)
·salt and pepper
1round loaf french bread
6 ozsliced deli ham or smoked turkey
3/4 cshredded monterey jack cheese divided
3/4 cshredded cheddar cheese, divided
1/2 mediumsweet red pepper, thinly sliced
1 mediumtomato, sliced thinly
How to Make Deli Breakfast Loaf
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet and add eggs. Cook and stir until set; set aside.
- Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Hollow out the top and bottom; leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
Set top of loaf aside.
- In bottom of loaf, place 1/4 of the ham. Layer with half the monterey jack and cheddar cheese, red pepper, scrambled eggs and tomato.
- Top with the remaining ham and cheeses. Gently press the layers together. Replace bread top.
- Wrap tightly in tinfoil.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. or till heated through.
- Let stand 10 min. before cutting.