Deli Breakfast Loaf
Try it with low fat cheese and egg beaters to save some calories.
Feel free to change the ingredients to suit your tastes.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- eggs, beaten (or egg beaters)
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- round loaf french bread
- 6 oz
- sliced deli ham or smoked turkey
- 3/4 c
- shredded monterey jack cheese divided
- 3/4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 medium
- sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium
- tomato, sliced thinly
How to Make Deli Breakfast Loaf
- 1In a bowl, beat the eggs, salt and pepper. Melt butter in a skillet and add eggs. Cook and stir until set; set aside.
- 2Cut the top fourth off the loaf of bread. Hollow out the top and bottom; leaving a 1/2 inch shell.
Set top of loaf aside.
- 3In bottom of loaf, place 1/4 of the ham. Layer with half the monterey jack and cheddar cheese, red pepper, scrambled eggs and tomato.
- 4Top with the remaining ham and cheeses. Gently press the layers together. Replace bread top.
- 5Wrap tightly in tinfoil.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. or till heated through.
- 6Let stand 10 min. before cutting.