Crustless Quiche Lorraine
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 lbgruyere cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
1 1/2 chalf and half
How to Make Crustless Quiche Lorraine
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a pie pan (one that holds 2 cups of liquid).
- Stack the bacon slices and cut them crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Heat a skillet over medium heat and spread the bacon pieces in one layer in the skillet. Cook, turning them over after 2 or 3 minutes. When the bacon looks brown around the edges, it is almost to the crisp stage. Using a fork, remove the bacon pieces to drain on paper towels.
- Using a hand grater, grate the cheese onto a piece of wax paper. Press the cheese into a measuring cup; it doesn't need to be packed firmly, but press down so you have a generous 1 1/2 cups.
- Mix the eggs and half-and-half using a fork or rotary beater until they are all one color.
- Spread the bacon over the bottom of the pie pan. Sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top. Pour the egg mixture over the bacon and cheese. Bake the quiche until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Let the quiche sit 5 minutes, then cut it into 4 pieces. Use a spatula to gently lift each piece onto a serving plate.
- Each serving:
492 calories; 475 mg sodium; 312 mg cholesterol; 39 grams fat; 21 grams saturated fat; 5 grams carbohydrates; 29 grams protein; 0 fiber.