Classic Quiche Lorraine
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
1/4 conion, chopped
19-inch pie shell
1 1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/3 cmilk (can use 2%)
1/2 tspdry mustard
1/8 tspfreshly ground white pepper
1/8 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Classic Quiche Lorraine
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Fry strips of bacon in a skillet until crisp; remove, crumble, and set aside.
- Cook onion until transparent in small amount of the bacon drippings; drain.
- Sprinkle the bacon and onion over the bottom of a baked pie shell. Cover with cheddar cheese.
- Blend together eggs, milk, salt, dry mustard, white pepper and nutmeg; pour over the cheese.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 to 35 minutes longer, or until the center is set.