The Ultimate French Toast with Strawberries
8 slicewhole wheat bread
1/4 cbalsamic vinegar
1/4 tspground cinnamon
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
1/2 csliced or slivered toasted almonds
1 cvanilla yogurt
How to Make The Ultimate French Toast with Strawberries
- Place the almonds in a non-stick pan over med-high heat and toast. Watch not to burn them.
- Remove from stove and set aside.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey in a sauce pan over medium heat and reduce by about half or until you see that the bubbles start to thicken.
- Slice your strawberries into a bowl and pour the reduction over them using a spatula; toss well and set aside.
- Add the eggs, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk to a large bowl that is wide enough to dip the bread into.
- Whisk together so that everything is well blended.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture on both sides so that it soaks up the batter.
- Bring your non-stick flat grill or non-stick frying pan to medium heat with a little butter just until the butter foams.
- Add the battered bread and cook on both sides until they are golden brown.
- Repeat with other bread slices.
- Top 2 slices of french toast with a few tablespoons of the strawberries along with some of the juice they gave off.
- Place a dollop of the yogurt on top and sprinkle on the toasted almonds.
- Serve hot.