- 4 slice
- french bread, 3-1/2"
- sliced strawberries for garnish
- powdered sugar for dusting
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, softened
- 4 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- diced strawberries
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- 1 c
- kashi toasted berry cereal
How to Make Strawberry Stuffed French Toast
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons of butter and the cream cheese until combined. Fold the diced strawberries into the cream cheese mixture.
- 2Cut bread into four thick slices (about 3-1/2"). Cut a pocket about 3/4 of the way through in each of the four slices. You are creating a pocket to stuff the cream cheese mixture into, so do not slice the bread 3/4 the way through, but create a pocket. Gently spoon 1/4 of the cream cheese mixture into each of the 4 slices of bread and close the pocket.
- 3For the egg batter, add the eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk to a medium shallow bowl and mix well. Set aside.
- 4Prepare the breading (cereal) by pouring onto a plate or sheet pan. Dip the bread slices in the egg batter making sure to let each side soak for about 20 seconds. Next, dip them into the cereal mixture.
- 5Put a large skillet on medium-high heat and add a couple of tablespoons of butter, or use an electric skillet sprayed with butter flavored Pam. Add the stuffed bread slices and brown on each side for 2-3 minutes, even propping on the two long sides to brown. The browned cereal makes a yummy almost carmel flavored crust.
- 6Serve one each per person, dusted with powdered sugar, garnished with sliced strawberries, and topped with syrup.