Honey Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
Blue Ribbon Recipe
With a honey nut crunch and the sweetness of the blueberries and cheese... what's not to love?! The Test Kitchen
3 cPost Honey Nut Shredded Wheat
12 slicefrench toast bread or largely sliced pullman bread
8 ozmascarpone cheese
How to Make Honey Blueberry Stuffed French Toast
- Place the shredded wheat in food processor and pulse until consistency of coarse crumbs.
- Add cinnamon and nutmeg to the shredded wheat and mix together and set aside in small baking dish.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs and add buttermilk vanilla. Pour into large baking dish.
- In another mixing bowl, mix mascarpone cheese, remaining 1 tsp vanilla, honey and blueberries. Place into piping bag and cut off tip.
- Cut slit at bottom of a piece of bread and pipe cheese mixture into bread slice.
- Dip the slice of bread into beaten egg mixture and then into shredded wheat mixture.
- Cook on buttered skillet for 3 minutes and then gently flip over and continue cooking for 3 minutes.
- Repeat until all 12 slices of bread are used.
Transfer to serving dish and top with your favorite syrup.