Down East Blueberry Buckle
2 call purpose flour
2 1/2 tspbaking powder
3/4 c2 % milk
1/4 cbutter, melted
2 cfresh or frozen blueberries
1/3 call purpose flour
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1/4 cbutter, softened
How to Make Down East Blueberry Buckle
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk egg, milk and melted butter until blended.
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. (If using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
- Transfer to the greased baking dish.
- For topping. In small bowl mix sugar, flour and cinnamon. Using a fork, stir in softened butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.