Blueberry Pancakes w/ Blueberry Sauce
How to Make Blueberry Pancakes w/ Blueberry Sauce
- 1In a small saucepan, heat 1/3 cup of water, 1/3 cup of sugar and half to three-quarters of the pint of blueberries. Bring to a boil, stir, and reduce heat to just a simmer.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine Bisquick, egg, and milk. Using a wire whisk, beat until batter is somewhat smooth and gently fold in the rest of the blueberries.
- 3On a heated griddle or non-stick skillet, spray non-stick cooking spray. Pour just under 1/3 cup of the batter into the skillet. If using a large skillet, you should be able to get about 2 pancakes per batch. Don’t overcrowd the skillet.
- 4Cook until edges are dry and batter starts to bubble a little in the middle. Carefully turn the pancake over using a spatula. Once you have flipped the pancake, take a basting brush and dip into butter. Carefully spread the butter over the pancakes while they are in the skillet.
- 5Place one pancake on a plate, add about 1 tablespoon of the blueberry sauce, top with another pancake and additional blueberry sauce. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired.