★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 cups low fat granola
- 1/3 cup honey, at room temperature
- 4 (3 inch round and 3/4 inch thick) circles of seedless watermelon
- 4 (1/2 inch thick) slices of peeled kiwi fruit
- 1 cup low or non fat creamy lemon yogurt
- 2 purple grapes, sliced in half and seeded, for garnish
How to Make Benedict Watermelon
- 11.Mix granola with honey by drizzling honey evenly over granola as you stir.
2.On a serving plate, make 3-inch circles of granola in even thickness, dividing the granola/honey mixture evenly among the servings. Top each granola circle with a watermelon slice and place a slice of kiwi on each watermelon circle. Spoon yogurt over kiwi and watermelon as though it were hollandaise sauce on Eggs Benedict. Top each Watermelon Benedict with a grape half, skin-side up as a garnish reminiscent of the olive slice traditionally found on Eggs Benedict.
- 2Adapted from recipe courtesy of the National Watermelon Promotion Board