BANANA NUT CREAM SCONES
1 1/2 cking arthur flour
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/4 tspsea salt
2 tspbaking powder
1/2 boxinstant banana cream pudding mix
6 Tbspreal butter melted
1 largeegg, room temperature
1 cmashed bananas
How to Make BANANA NUT CREAM SCONES
- In a stand up mixer combine all dry ingredients. Mix well till incorporated. Add melted butter and mix till resembles coarse crumbs. Add egg, bananas, buttermilk. Mix completely
- I used a large pizza pan and sprayed with cooking spray then put a piece of parchment paper to cover it. Your batter will be sticky this is OK Pour your mixture onto the parchment paper, now with well floured hands make a 10 inch circle on the paper.
- This part is tricky so keep your hands floured otherwise the dough will stick and not form like u want. Should only be 10 inches so it will be thick that is what u want. Now flour a knife or pizza cutter and slice 8-10 triangles, but only separate slightly for now.
- Bake at 350* for 25 minutes Remove from oven and make sure scones are completely separated now, if not cut all the way thru. Put back in oven for 10 more minutes Remove and cool completely.
- Here is the frosting:: 4oz cream cheese softened 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar 5 T. heavy cream 1 t. Vanilla extract Put all of this in bowl and beat till well combined, then fold in 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts.
- Once scones are cool I lifted mine with the parchment paper into a Tupperware dish that I use for my pies and put it right in, fit perfect for this job. I frosted the scones and put in frig. this will keep up to three days in frig