Banana Coffee Morning Scones
2 cwhole wheat flour
4 tspbaking powder
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 cbutter, unsalted
1/2 cripe bananas mashed
1/4 cmilk, low-fat
1/4 cstrong black coffee at room temperature
1 tsppure vanilla extract
How to Make Banana Coffee Morning Scones
- Preheat oven to 425 and lightly grease a baking sheet. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Using a pastry blender or 2 forks cut in bitter until mixture looks like bread crumbs.
- In a small bowl whisk together bananas, milk, coffee and vanilla. Add to the dry mixture gently to make a slightly wet dough.
- Turn dough out on a lightly floured counter and kneed gently for 30 seconds forming it into a round flat disk. With a rolling pin roll dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into evenly sized traingles cut like you would a pie and place on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes or until browned and the scones sound hollow when topped.