★★★★★ 1 vote5
- granny smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 Tbsp
- powdered sugar, or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 c
- 8 slice
- french bread
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Apple Toast
- 1Peel and slice apples, add to a saucepan with powdered sugar, cinnamon and water. Simmer until the apples are tender.
- 2Butter the French bread slices on both sides and toast in a skillet until golden brown (as for a grilled cheese sandwich). Keep warm while apples finish cooking.
- 3Top 2 slices of grilled bread with 1/4 of the hot apple mixture. Serve with bacon or smoked sausage, and enjoy.