2 largeeggs for each serving
PREPARE BOWLS OF THE FOLLOWING:
·chopped ham, bacon, turkey, beef, sausage
·chopped green peppers
·sauteed sliced mushrooms
·salsa for serving
How to Make ZIPLOCK OMELETS
- Have guests write their name on a quart-size
ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.
- Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag
(not more than 2) shake to combine them.
- Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice
to their bag and shake, Make sure to get the
air out of the bag and zip it up.
- Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for
exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook
6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make
another pot of boiling water. Keep the bag away from the edges of the pot. They're really hot and the plastic will melt. This means you will have to monitor it the whole time, but such is the price to pay. Do not microwave. The soft plastic will melt in the microwave and release toxic fumes onto your food.
- Open the bags and the omelet will roll out
easily. Be prepared for everyone to be amazed.
- Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake;
everyone gets involved in the process and a
great conversation piece.