Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs)
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- onion, diced
- garlic cloves, minced
- green chili, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 medium
- 1 tsp
- ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp
- salt, to taste
- freshly chopped cilantro for garnish
How to Make Yemeni Shakshouka (Yemeni Spiced Scrambled Eggs)
- 1In a large pan, drizzle olive oil over medium heat. Once heated, add the diced onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and translucent. Stir in the garlic and chili. Cook until just fragrant, 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- 2Add the tomatoes, cumin, and turmeric. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes have softened, 5-10 minutes. Season with salt.
- 3In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs. Reduce heat to medium low and pour the eggs into the pan. Cook until starting to set, then fold to scramble the eggs until just cooked.
Garnish with cilantro.