Tipsy French Toast
I've never, ever cooked with alcohol before, although I usually have either a bottle of Captain Morgan's or Disaronno on hand. So, I figured this was pretty quick and easy, wouldn't take much to tweak, and it was fun to try.
I now have a cookie recipe coming with the Disaronno, too!
How to Make Tipsy French Toast
- Preheat a griddle or large frying pan.
- In a wide, shallow dish use a whisk to combine eggs, milk, spices and vanilla extract. Add the rum and whisk until well blended.
- Soak bread slices in the egg mixture for a about 30 seconds per slice, dunking it completely.
- Cook on a griddle or in a large frying pan on medium high heat until browned on each side.
- Serve while hot with your favorite French toast toppings.