Tipsy French Toast
I've never, ever cooked with alcohol before, although I usually have either a bottle of Captain Morgan's or Disaronno on hand. So, I figured this was pretty quick and easy, wouldn't take much to tweak, and it was fun to try.
I now have a cookie recipe coming with the Disaronno, too!
- 8 slice
- 2/3 c
- half and half
- 1 Tbsp
- captain morgan's spiced rum
- 4 large
- 1 1/2 tsp
- allspice, ground
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
How to Make Tipsy French Toast
- 1Preheat a griddle or large frying pan.
- 2In a wide, shallow dish use a whisk to combine eggs, milk, spices and vanilla extract. Add the rum and whisk until well blended.
- 3Soak bread slices in the egg mixture for a about 30 seconds per slice, dunking it completely.
- 4Cook on a griddle or in a large frying pan on medium high heat until browned on each side.
- 5Serve while hot with your favorite French toast toppings.