The New Eggs Benedict
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted
- salt and pepper to taste
- heel from loaf of bread
- 1 slice
- 1 tsp
- white wine vinegar
FOR THE HOLLANDAISE
FOR THE EGGS BENEDICT
How to Make The New Eggs Benedict
- 1In a deep pot add enough water to fill about 2 inches from the bottom. Add the salt and vinegar, bring to simmer over medium heat. While the water is heating up you can prep your hollandaise.
- 2Now this was the first time I ever made said sauce and I found a simple recipe but upon cracking my yolks into the bowl I discovered that my lemon juice was..DUN DUN DUN expired! Oh no! Quick to the internet I discovered that you don’t need it if you replace with vinegar. Now most people won’t want to do this for fear of spoiling the flavor but I found I had no strong taste or bite from it and will only be using such from now on. If this doesn’t float your boat replace with lemon juice.
- 3In a bowl separate the yolks from the whites, you can save them to use for many things, mine will provide for egg white patties for breakfast sandwiches. Add the vinegar and spices. In a microwave safe cup melt the butter. Whisk the yolks together and slowly add the hot butter, not to much at a time or it could curdle and scramble the eggs. Whisk constantly until all butter is added.
- 4By now your water should be simmering. In a small ramekin or bowl crack your egg. Bringing it close to the water, add your egg and use a wooden spoon to push the egg whites close. Cover and leave alone for 5 minutes, and I mean really leave it alone. Don’t touch it, don’t look at it, don’t lift the lid.
- 5When the egg is almost done throw the heel piece of bread into the toaster. I decided to try this instead of an english muffin for two reasons, I’m not that fond of them and we had none.
- 6In a small frying pan add a little oil, to keep the prosciutto from sticking. Crisp on both sides for about 20 seconds each, place on top of bread. Carefully remove the poached egg with a slotted spoon and put on top of the prosciutto. Top with hollandaise and enjoy.