- eggs, hard boiled
- 4 oz
- raw breakfast sausage (jimmy dean used) hot flavor if you like a kick!
- 1/4 c
- yellow onion, minced finely
- 1/2 c
- 2 tsp
- dijon mustard
- paprika, sweet mild or smoked-for garnish
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make STUFFED EGGS
- 1Cook sausage and onions together over medium high heat, smashing the clumps of sausage.
You want the crumbles as fine as possible.
After sausage is cooked, and onions are translucent, put the mixture in a fine mesh strainer.
Press out as much fat as possible using a rubber spatula.
Turn out onto several layers of paper towel to absorb more fat.
Allow to cool to room temperature.
- 2Split Peeled boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
Pop out the yolks into a a bowl, reserve whites on a plate/platter.
Mash yolks with a fork, or potato masher until very fine.
Add Sausage mixture, mayo, mustard and pepper. Stir to combine.
- 3For a decorative presentation use a piping bag with a large star tip and fill the egg whites up rounding the tops.
Dust with paprika if desired.
Chill thoroughly before serving.