Southern Breakfast Nachos
This is really cool idea for breakfast! The green chilies and onions are fab combined with the sausage. It's quick and easy to prepare, so this would be great if you have guests. Everyone can then choose their toppings... I think some salsa would also be a good addition too.
- 1 c
- sour cream
- 1 medium
- 1 can(s)
- (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 lb
- bulk pork sausage
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1 can(s)
- (4 oz) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 c
- small crisp corn chips
- 2 c
- (8 oz) shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 large
How to Make Southern Breakfast Nachos
- 1Spoon the sour cream into a small serving dish, set aside. In a separate serving dish, place the olives set aside. Peel and chop the avocado, and put it into a third serving dish and set aside. Preheat the broiler to 425 degrees. Have 4 10-oz ramekins or oven-proof dishes ready.
- 2Crumble sausage into a medium frying pan, add the onion. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the sausage is browned. Stir in green chilies. Remove from heat and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in the pan.
- 3Place 1 cup corn chips in each of the ramekins and divide the sausage mixture evenly between them, spooning it over the chips. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on each.
- 4Break the eggs into the same skillet used to cook the sausage and cook, stirring constantly over low heat, until eggs are set. Divide the eggs between the ramekins and top each with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 5Broil the ramekins 4 inches from the heat 2 to 3 minutes, until the cheese melts. Serve immediately with the garnishes in their serving bowls so that everyone can help themselves to the toppings they want.