Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
- english muffins, split and toasted
- 4 slices
- smoked salmon
- avocado - peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1 to 2 Tbsp
- fresh chives, chopped (optional garnish)
- 4 large
- 2 tsp
- white vinegar
- water (enough to fill small saucepan about 2/3 full)
- 3 large
- egg yolks
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 c
- unsalted butter, melted
How to Make Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict
- 1First, make the Hollandaise sauce. Combine egg yolks, lemon juice, cayenne and salt in a blender until pale yellow in color, about 30 to 60 seconds. With the blender still running, add the butter in a slow stream until emulsified and forms a smooth and slightly thick sauce. Set aside until ready to assemble the Eggs Benedict.
- 2Next, poach the eggs. Bring a large pan of water to a boil and add the vinegar. Lower the heat so that the water is at a gentle simmer (not a hard, rolling boil). Crack eggs into small ramekins or measuring cups, if desired, being sure to not break the yolk. Stir the water so you have a slight whirlpool, then slide eggs into the simmering water, one by one. Cook each egg for about 4 minutes, then with a slotted spoon lift eggs out of the pan and let excess water drain back into pan; set eggs aside until all are poached.
- 3Last, assemble the Eggs Benedict. Place a slice of smoked salmon on each toasted English Muffin half. Top with a few slices of avocado, then place a poached egg over avocado slices. Drizzle Hollandaise Sauce over each egg. Garnish with fresh chopped chives, if desired. Serve immediately.