Slim Ham & Cheese Omelet
- 1/2 c
- original egg beaters liquid egg substitute
- 3 Tbsp
- evaporated skim milk (nonfat)
- 1 dash(es)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 c
- lowfat 2% milk cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 oz
- lean deli ham, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- green onions or chives, finely chopped
How to Make Slim Ham & Cheese Omelet
- 1Spray a non-stick 9-10 inch skillet with cooking spray. Set over (lowish) medium heat.
- 2Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into pan. Shake pan to prevent sticking. Lift up edges of omelet to allow uncooked eggs to run underneath.
- 3When eggs are partially set, sprinkle in shredded cheese and ham. Keep cooking until eggs are softly set in the middle of the omelet. Sprinkle on the green onions.
- 4Cook 30 more seconds, then fold omelet over by about 1/3. Flip pan to turn out onto plate, folding over the other 1/3, for a rolled omelet effect. Cut in half to serve.
- 5NOTE: It helps if you cover the pan while it's cooking, as the steam cooks the top of the omelet. But check it every few seconds to prevent scorching or over-cooking.