Slim Ham & Cheese Omelet
1/2 coriginal egg beaters liquid egg substitute
3 Tbspevaporated skim milk (nonfat)
1 dash(es)salt and pepper
1/4 clowfat 2% milk cheese, shredded
1 1/2 ozlean deli ham, chopped
2 Tbspgreen onions or chives, finely chopped
How to Make Slim Ham & Cheese Omelet
- Spray a non-stick 9-10 inch skillet with cooking spray. Set over (lowish) medium heat.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour into pan. Shake pan to prevent sticking. Lift up edges of omelet to allow uncooked eggs to run underneath.
- When eggs are partially set, sprinkle in shredded cheese and ham. Keep cooking until eggs are softly set in the middle of the omelet. Sprinkle on the green onions.
- Cook 30 more seconds, then fold omelet over by about 1/3. Flip pan to turn out onto plate, folding over the other 1/3, for a rolled omelet effect. Cut in half to serve.
- NOTE: It helps if you cover the pan while it's cooking, as the steam cooks the top of the omelet. But check it every few seconds to prevent scorching or over-cooking.