Scrambled Eggs and Tomatoes (Strapatsatha)
Feel free to substitute Egg Beaters® or equivalent.
When tomatoes are not easily available, use canned instead. (My garden is so small - 3 tomato plants only, that I hate "wasting" a fresh tomato in a recipe where it'll be cooked down anyway, so I often use canned tomatoes.)
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
- shallots, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 lb
- tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp
- chopped oregano (or pinch dried)
- 1 tsp
- chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp
- eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh thyme or oregano for garnish
How to Make Scrambled Eggs and Tomatoes (Strapatsatha)
- 1Heat oil in skillet and saute shallots, stirring until translucent.
- 2Stir in tomatoes, herbs, sugar, salt and pepper. Cook over low heat about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid has reduced and sauce has thickened.
- 3Add beaten eggs to the pan, cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to scramble until just set. Serve.